Thursday, December 18, 2008

One Rat Down/Healthy/Snow Day




Boy, I sure feel monotonous, but at least I can stop writing about the kids health! Poop cultures came back negative and Eva has steadily improved over the last three days with no vomiting at all!! Yahoo!! I guess it was a virus, and she caused some sort of injury to her intestinal wall which continued the symptoms when the virus was long gone. Whatever, if she's better, that is all we care!
I would have made my sister Jen proud last night! We finally caught one rat last night on a glue trap. Now of course these things have been my bane for many weeks, but I instantly felt sorry for the terrified creature stuck hard. I promptly put a towel over it to calm it, donned gloves, talked soothingly, and went to work with a bottle of rubbing alcohol. It worked like a charm, and I soon had the creature bounding away into the frozen night with no major injury to it's body. It felt very good to set it free and not kill it...much to my husbands dismay. He was ready to kill the mother "explicative". There is no entrance from the outside, so I felt comfortable with it. Now for other (s), which I proved existed last night with some cereal left out...
Our winter weather is turning into fun as the girls can enjoy it with their new health too. We headed back behind our house to the old golf course yesterday, first just Kira and Mommy, and the with Eva and daddy later. Quite a big hill, which Kira loved and Eva thought better of. We returned to a much smaller hill for her enjoyment closer to the house. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment